Whether you believe it or not, your prospects and customers are online using social media every day.
For example: there is the busy mom in her minivan looking up decongestants on her mobile phone as she waits to pick up her son at school; there is the office manager at her desk comparing laser printer prices and ink cartridge costs before heading to the office supply store; and there is the student in a café, scaning user ratings and reviews while looking for a cheap hotel in Barcelona.
This type of activity is happening all the time.
Now here is an important piece of related research. Based on a two year study recently conducted by the Interactive Advertising Bureau, it was reported that if a business used multiple channels, in an effective way, to connect in intelligent ways with the right WHO, you can TRIPLE, yes TRIPLE, the probability of converting a prospect into a customer.
What this means is that by combining email, social media, voice mail, text messaging, and direct mail, in an integrated way, you have a powerful cross channel set of strategies and tools that act like a battery of heat-seeking missiles that lock on to your prospect, capture them, connect with them, and convert them to CUSTOMERS for LIFE!
In order to get all the technology to work together, with effective campaign messages, and to generate results, you have to establish and operate within a framework. The framework is a series of rules that provide guidelines that any business can use. It begins with mindset … it is 90% psychology and 10% technology. The framework is composed of guidelines and rules to help you get the fastest results possible.
Going forward, the guidelines and rules are referred to as the 10 Commandments of cross channel marketing. They are presented and briefly defined below.
1. Intimacy Trumps All – Be sure to have an automated way to use the name, email address, and phone number of a prospect to go to public sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and to be able to search the Internet for their blog. You can then obtain what is publically available about your leads and customers to provide personalized and synchronized cross channel messages. .
2. Be Generous – give away a video, a report, or a white paper … something of value as a way of capturing a lead.
3. Follow up Fast as Money Loves Speed – once you meet and connect with someone, use an automated system to send a text message, leave a voice mail message, and send an email with a link to download a video, report, or white paper right away. Since money loves speed, your leads and prospects will be impressed at how quickly you followed-up with them and ask “How are you doing this?” and this will create another opportunity.
4. Show Them Don’t Just Tell Them – have networking types of campaigns already made so that when you meet someone on an airplane, at an event, or in a business meeting, you can show them the power of cross channel marketing and not just tell them about it.
5. Make Multiple Points of Contact – use an automated system that provides as many points of contact as possible since this makes it very easy for people to connect with you. This includes the ability to opt-in with a text message, a voice message, a form on a web page, a SMS short code message, or a QR code to a website for a campaign to opt-in. Again, the whole idea is to have as many ways as possible to make it as easy as possible for prospects to get on your list.
6. Know Your Who – have an automated system that uses the name, email address, and phone number to visit social media sites and obtain information that is publically available to understand who the influencers are on your list and how active they are on the web. These influences most likely will deserve some special treatment and membership in your VIP group..
7. Don’t Just Talk, Listen – one of the key features of connecting with your leads and customers is having two-way communication so be sure to have an automated system that enables you to have two-way interactive mobile texts like we have two-way interactive emails. This type of predictive message sends a message, waits and listens for a reply; and then based on this response, sends the next message. For example, if you are at an event that has several speakers, send out a message suggesting that people opt-in to a campaign so they can vote on the best speaker, like they do on American Idol where you text the name of who you think is the best performer to a SMS short code. You can quickly total the responses so everyone can learn who the audience believed was the best speaker. Finally, as a final way to engage the event attendees, offer a prize to all those that opt-in and then conduct a raffle, or drawing, to provide the prize to a winner.
8. Automate Everything – use a system that enables you to automate the process of creating every marketing campaign, including the auto-responder messages, the opt-in channels, the follow-up channels, and use this capability to enable you to develop a relationship automatically with prospects that value your expertise and authority.
9. Model the Best – study, read about, and attend conferences, events, and webinars from experts in marketing, online marketing, offline marketing, and the expert advisory business. Follow the best and model the best so you can benefit from those that have gone before you.
10. Don’t Wait, Take Action Now – every journey begins with the first step so be a person of action. Avoid hesitation. Inspire others by being energetic, moving quickly, and taking action. Seize the moment, chose now, be a person of action.
This was mentioned previously but it is worth repeating. By understanding these 10 Commandments and learning how to leverage them to ramp up revenue faster and easier than you can imagine, you will have a powerful cross channel set of strategies and tools, that act like a battery of heat-seeking missiles, that lock on to your prospect, capture them, connect with them, and convert them to CUSTOMERS for LIFE.
Due to the economy and changing market conditions, there are a lot of people looking for ways to start their own business. They are searching for strategies, tools, and a platform so they can make money and become more valuable.
My own advice is for individuals to consider becoming an online entrepreneur. Many high profile business leaders, including the Oracle of Omaha, suggest that if you don’t focus on being an online entrepreneur, being self-employed, or being a small business owner, it will be a very tough road in the months and years ahead; actually they say, it will be an uphill battle.
This suggestion is attracting current and former doctors, CEOs, and other members of the corporate workforce that are seeking a way to leave their established and lucrative careers. They are in pursuit of new opportunities in the world of Internet Marketing so they can generate income, prestige, independence, and financial rewards that exceed the levels obtained by most in their previous careers.
This blog, and related posts, will continue to provide a blueprint for making money online with Internet Marketing. You will find step-by-step road maps for various parts of the Internet Marketing business. You will find tools, education, training, and support. And you will find a community of like minded entrepreneurs that are using the Internet to get out of debt, build wealth, and secure their financial future forever.
In addition, I want to thank Mike Koenigs of Traffic Geyser as he was the source of some of the material mentioned in this post.
In closing, be sure to Read More of my Posts at aspenIbiz blogspot, my Internet Marketing blog; Obtain Some Tips About Being No 1 on Google at aspenIbiz My Go-To-Market Partners website; and Learn How to be Savvy with Your Money Like the Insiders at aspenIbiz The Conspiracy For Your Money Blog.
I Hope You Enjoy the Posts and I Trust You Will Find Them Insightful! Let me Know What You Think.
Be sure to share this post with anyone that you think would benefit from this message… thanks!