There are plenty of books, magazine articles, and blog posts that will explain all the changes in terms of history and theory however it is a good idea to get a few facts quickly, on a regular basis, to get the big picture.
As I was authoring this blog post, I did this online search and on page one of the search results, I see the following results at a quick glance:
- S&P could drop 20-30% from all-time high;
- Legal immigration of foreign-born to hit all-time high;
- Ohio Gov. Kasich’s job approval rating is it an all-time high (unusual for a Republican in a traditionally Democratic state);
- Smith & Wesson gun sales hit an all-time high;
- Unemployment hits all-time high as world stock markets tumble;
The results provide an interesting big picture perspective on what's happening in the world.
Below is a more detailed listing of all-time high search results provided for the first couple of pages of search results:
- Banks Net Income in 1Q Hits All-Time High of $40.3 Billion;
- US equity markets remain near all-time highs;
- NYSE Margin Debt Hit New Record, Surpasses 2007 Peak;
- Foreign holdings of U.S. debt at all-time high;
- Beef prices hit all-time high, and they are expected to rise;
- Gasoline prices down slightly after hitting all-time high;
- Premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance reached an all-time high;
- Airline fees hit all-time high;
- Tuition debt reaches all-time high;
- Unpaid student loans reach all-time high in U.S.;
- Junk bond yields near all-time lows;
- Number of self-employed hits all time low;
- U.S. consumer confidence near all-time high;
- French consumer confidence at an all-time low;
- European unemployment hits all-time high;
- European Bank cuts interest rate to all time low;
- China business optimism at all-time low; and
- Asian gold demand to hit all-time quarterly high.
The conclusions we can draw from these headlines seem rather obvious.
1. Inflation is here. It's understated in official numbers, but from food to fuel to tuition and travel, prices are rising.
2. Such inflation is also fanning the flames of asset prices, both stocks and bonds. And it's great for bank profits.
3. On the other side of the world, these trends are making Chinese manufacturers quite nervous. And Asia is reacting by stocking up on gold instead of paper currency.
4. Europeans get it too: these are not prosperous times.
5. People in the US don't seem to get it at all. Despite so many warning signs, the paper currency rise in equities has blinded most folks to the house of cards reality that exists all around them.
Candidly, the data points to a rather dangerous forecast... that people will go to bed one night believing that everything is just fine. And then wake up the next morning like the Japanese, to a stock market crash.
Or worse, like the Cypriots they wake up to a full-blown crisis.
At least the headlines do show a bit of good news:
- CNBC viewership at all-time low;
- American Idol Season 12 Finale Hits Record Low.
In summary, it is a good idea to get a good perspective on what’s happening in the world!
Don’t rely on Main Street Media to get your information; use a variety sources and online searches.
For example, the number of people unemployed, underemployed, and those who have stopped looking for work is hovering around 40M people.
While some surveys will report that 85% of the people are happy with their work (which I believe is high), the 15% that are not happy with their work, and searching for an alternative, represents 20M people.
Of the 85% that are working, 75% are living paycheck to paycheck
Plus, 75% of the people over the age of 50 do not have much, if any, money saved for their retirement.
Net net, a lot of people are searching for a way to retool their career, rebuild their life, and restore their financial success.
If you are like-minded, be sure and join me here as a way to get back in the game … Great Professionals ... Rebuilding Careers .
Finally, I want to thank Simon Black of Sovereign Man, as he was the source of some of the material mentioned in this post.
In closing, be sure to Learn How to Get Self-Employed at my HomeBizSocial website, my Internet Marketing blog; Obtain Some Tips About Being No 1 on Google at aspenIbiz My Go-To-Market Partners website; and Learn How to be Savvy with Your Money Like the Insiders at aspenIbiz The Conspiracy For Your Money blog.
I Hope You Enjoy the Posts and I Trust You Will Find Them Insightful! Let me Know What You Think.
Be sure to share this post with anyone that you think would benefit from this message… thanks!
Happy Reading and Here's to Your Success!